Lake in the Hills
The Village of Lake in the Hills offers a high quality of life, exceptional services and numerous amenities. Once a small residential community with farms dotting the surrounding landscape, the history of Lake in the Hills dates back to 1923, when Federal Judge J. La Buy began purchasing property around what is now Woods Creek Lake.
Early houses in the community were used as summer homes. During the 1940's, Raymond Platt along with his wife and brother-in-law purchased property from Judge La Buy and formed the Lake in the Hills Development Corporation. Many of the summer homes soon became year-round residences, and in 1952 the village was incorporated.