Located 28 miles from Chicago's Loop, the Village of Palatine provides a hometown feeling for its residents and easy access to metropolitan cultural and business advantages. The village is a pleasant mix of residential, commercial, light industrial and office space, surrounded by parks and open space.
Palatine's long history and deep roots can be seen, touched and understood at the Clayton House Museum which holds more than one thousand treasures from the village's earliest days. The George Clayson House, built in 1873, has been meticulously renovated and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Recreation and leisure activities abound in Palatine. The park district maintains over 40 parks including the 18-hole championship Palatine Hills Golf Course. The Family Acquatic Center features two 180-foot slides, 6-land lap pool, play areas and lawn area. The Community Center has an indoor track, gym, weight room and classrooms. Birchwood Park Recreation Center also offers a gymnasium, pool and fitness areas. The 15-mile Palatine Trail winds through neighborhood parks, the Palatine Hills Golf Course, Deer Grove Forest Preserve and Harper College. Residents enjoy all aspects of theatrical entertainment throughout the year at the 430-seat Cutting Hall auditorium, and summer outdoor concerts at the Fred P. Hall Amphitheatre.